Sunday 5 January 2014

The 1st Sunday night Blog of 2014........

Hello everyone!

Whilst it is literally blowing a hooley outside (not even sure if that is how you spell it....), I thought I'd sit down and write my first Blog of the New Year.  One of the ladies that I follow has, very bravely I think, said that she will try and blog each and every day of 2014 - now that is going some.....!  That means 365 blogs by the end of the year..... I'm sure I would run out of things to blog about (or, maybe not.....!!).

Up here in Warwickshire, it is really awful out there tonight, the wind is very strong and it's howling down our chimney as I type this. I really would not want to be outside tonight and my heart goes out to all the people who are working tonight - especially the emergency services and the Environment Agency (who we deal with at work) as they are on standby for any flood emergencies that may arise.  Here in Warwickshire and the surrounding counties, most of the rivers have already burst their banks.  So fingers crossed that it all calms down very soon.

I thought I would use tonight's Blog to look back over 2013 and think about what were the highlights for me?  I think spending time with my much loved family has to be top of my list.  Especially now that my family includes our very precious Lilly - who celebrated her first birthday at the end of November. I just can't believe how quickly that year has gone by.  We've made lots of trips up to Lancashire where they live and then we also had that lovely, long weekend up in Edinburgh.  What a lovely city that is and I can't wait to go back!  I also spent a few lovely days over in Norfolk with my son and his family, where Lilly had her first taste of ice-cream and paddling in the sea!

We also had the naming ceremony of my nephew's baby daughter and then also in November, the wedding of my niece.  We had another wedding in September when my future daughter-in-law's Mum married her partner - another lovely day!

We also attended lot's of craft events during 2013, including taking part in Warwickshire Open Studios.  Last October also saw Fat Fairy Jewellery stage our very own first craft event called Artisan Handmade Craft Market.  We hope to make these a regular event during 2014, so watch this space. They are held here in Rugby at The Rugby Hotel in Sheep Street.  There are so many talented local artists out there and we all need somewhere to showcase, share + sell our work!

I also managed to get some reading done last year and often 'swap' books with a close friend which works out really well.  Often we find that our tastes are similar but sometimes it makes us read a book we wouldn't normally have picked up!  I've just finished reading a really good one - 'The Girl in Times Square' by Paullina Simons and will be passing this one on when I next meet up with my friend!

Last year also saw my lovely daughter finally leave her awful job in Milton Keynes and move to another firm in Birmingham.  Unfortunately, this firm don't seem much better, so I'm really hoping 2014 brings much better things for her.  She adores her baby niece and can't wait to spend more time with her this year!

Last year saw me doing more knitting for Lilly and I've recently just finished a 'Christmas' blanket for her.  This time I crocheted it - for a change, in red, white + green in keeping with the festive theme!  I was really pleased with it (photo's below!), especially as I tried out a shell edging that I'd not done before. 



I also used some of the special 'Handmade by Grandma' ribbon I purchased at the NEC (photo below as well)!  Might have to order some more of this as it is lovely to be able to attach a piece to something you have made.

One sad event of 2013 was having to have our little Jack Russell put to sleep back in August.  We miss her loads and as a tribute to the love she gave us, we'll share one final photo of her with you. Those of you who actually know me, will know that as Judy belonged to my late Mum, it was a double blow losing her.  This photo was taken a couple of years ago down in Emsworth, not far from where we used to live in Hampshire and was my Mum's favourite place - apart from Guernsey of course!  We miss Mum more than words can say, especially now Lilly is here and just wish she was still with us to share in the joy and love that Lilly has brought the family - although I'm sure she knows!

I think it just remains for us to say thank you for following us during 2013 and we do hope you'll stay with us during 2014!  

Happy New Year to you all and please stay safe during this awful weather,
with love from us here at Fat Fairy Jewellery
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment