Thursday 19 June 2014

A mid-week Blog......

Hello again!
OK, we could argue that maybe this Blog should be entitled a 'nearer the weekend' blog than a 'mid week' blog but I just wanted to write a quick Blog before the weekend when the Summer Solistice hits us and, of course, that also means that Saturday - being the 21st June - will also be the longest day!
Here at Fat Fairy HQ, I have been banned from saying 'Oh my goodness, it's the longest day on Saturday' - honestly it's those little pleasures in life don't you think.....
As a lot of people are saying, where has nearly half the year gone to? Certainly the last couple of months have sped by.  I always feel that the Summer Solistice is the turning point of the year - more so than the Winter Solistice.  I guess we are aware that the Summer Solistice means that the nights will then start to draw in - just as we were getting used to, and enjoying, these long summer evenings spent pottering out in the garden.  Talking of gardens, I'm hoping to spend the Summer Solistice over at Coton Manor Gardens with my friend Gill.  We've been before and had a lovely time walking round, putting the world to rights and then having lunch and cake..... Plus you can also buy plants over there so, no doubt, a couple might just jump into my basket to come home with me.  I've bought two lovely fuchsia's this week from a shop in town, so hopefully when they are planted out, they will make a nice show of colour.  I have lots of plans for the house and garden this year but, so far, don't seem to be achieving much - again I think because the time is flying by - and the wedding coming up (more of this later!).
With the Summer Solistice approaching, I thought it might be a good time to mention both the Mosaic Magazine published by my friend Beth Forster and also the Cygnus Review.  Both are lovely magazines and well worth a look - website links here:-
http://www.mosaic-lifestyle.com/
http://www.cygnus-books.co.uk/
I distribute Mosaic here in Rugby for Beth, so if any of you reading this are local to me and would like a copy, please get in touch! Anyone further afield, there are people doted around the country where you may be able to pick a copy up or if not, please get in touch with either Beth or myself and we can send you one.
Those of you reading this who actually know me, will also know that this year sees the wedding of my son Paul to his fiancee Amie.  Wedding date is 3mths on Saturday date wise and 3mths on Sunday day wise - again the time is flying by and this very special day will be here before we know it.  They had their 'Pre-Wedding' shoot with their choosen photographer on 8th June and we've just seen some of the photo's. He has certainly taken some stunning shots of them, so can only imagine how fab the wedding photo's will be!  I also need to get my outfit sorted out, we are planning a girlie day out with my lovely friend Gaynor, hoping to go to a shop in Warwick that has 'Mother of the Bride/Groom' outfits and the hat, shoes, bag etc.  I love the hat probably more than the dress! We'll also have lunch out and probably coffee when we first get there - well one has to make a day of it! I did buy some waterproof mascara today as thought I'd best try some out ready for the wedding photo's so I don't end up looking like a Panda!  I normally use L'Oreal mascara but have bought some Maybelline today to try - will keep you posted!
That's all for now folks!
love from us here at Fat Fairy H.Q
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment