Thursday 21 August 2014

Keeping up to date!

Good evening from Fat Fairy H.Q. here in Warwickshire,
Now, I know I say this every time I post on my Blog, but really - honestly, where have the last 2 months gone since I last blogged?  I really feel someone is stealing the time from me...... and if anyone knows who it is or where the time has gone, please just let me know........
I can remember saying earlier in the year that I felt I'd lost a couple of months and I feel that again here + now! How can it be August already - how can my son be getting married next month - yes next month already! I feel nowhere near ready for such an emotional day.... and I still haven't sorted out and fixed my mascara problem!  The lovely Avril over on School Gate Style (http://www.schoolgatestyle.com/) very kindly let me ask her followers if they could recommend a waterproof mascara that would not let me down on the big day and the answers came in thick and fast!  I'm still going through them all but Clinque seemed to come out quite well and I'm also going to try the suggestion of using an eye primer on my eyelids which apparently might help (at this late point I'll try almost anything!).  Whereas the Maybelline one I had already purchased has been next to useless.....
Well..... I am now pondering exactly what we've been up to since I last blogged back in June?  We've been back up to Preston to help out with wedding preparations, we've been out and about with our lovely neighbours for drinks at the new Bacco Lounge here in Rugby which is very nice (http://www.thelounges.co.uk/bacco-lounge/) and has a lovely atmosphere.  We've also caught up with friends - both in person and via Facebook including my friend Becca who now lives on the Isle of Wight but I know from my days down in Hampshire and working for TAMBA (Twins + Multiple Births Association) and we hope to catch up in person one of these days!  Ironically Becca has her own art studio over there - am I envious.... yes!
The garden - as ever - has decided to go mad this year and have a real growth spurt and I keep having to have Danny our lovely gardener come in and tame it again (think I need to ring him again.....) and, as ever, I am yet again battling the slugs + snails who are quite happy to eat their way through all my plants but seem to leave the weeds alone (how does that happen..?).
We've lots of wedding news but maybe best to leave that to another post - the BIG DAY is now just 4 weeks (yep you did read that correctly.....) this Sunday and I can't believe how quickly it's coming round - bit scary really seeing I started my count-down at 29wks......
Our other BIG news is that we have been offered some craft space on the normal Saturday market here in Rugby.  It's an absolutely brilliant chance but why are people being so difficult? I've a trusty band of a few crafting friends who are very supportive but others are already moaning..... honestly there is just no pleasing some people!
It will be a fantastic opportunity in the build-up to Christmas, especially with events such as the Christmas Lights switch on etc. We are really hoping it will become a regular event each + every Saturday.  At the moment we know some people are still away and the children are still home from school and people have visitors staying but, hopefully, a few weeks down the line and we'll be getting more interest! We were very happy that some people on our first Saturday loved our jewellery enough to purchase a piece of Fat Fairy Jewellery to take home with them or as a present for a loved one!
Well we'll sign off for now so we can get this posted and then head off to bed! Sleep well everyone, so it's good night from Fat Fairy H.Q. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment