Sunday 22 July 2012

Happy news + Baby Blessings!

Good morning world from Fat Fairy HQ,
Well, has summer finally arrived I ask myself? It's a glorious summer morning here in Warwickshire - bright, blue sky and the sun is out....... Yesterday was also beautiful day and it makes such a difference to how we feel.
Well, what have we been up to since our last Blog? Lots really but the one thing we would just love to share with you all is some very special news..... As our title this time will probably suggest, we have had the lovely news that later this year, there will be a new baby in the family.  My son and his partner are expecting their first baby in November!!! So, as you can probably imagine, there is great excitement here at Fat Fairy HQ and I think over the next few months, our blog will probably contain more baby news as we go forward towards the expected delivery date!  It might turn into a jewellery + knitting blog for a while as I've already had to rummage in the cupboard and find my knitting needles after my son said 'Mum, do you still have your knitting needles?' - what a silly question....!  As a Virgo, I do find it hard to throw things away and just as well in this case!  Actually the bag of needles I found first belonged to my late Mum and as she is no longer here with us to enjoy this momentous event, it feels fitting to be knitting the first item for Baby Boylin with her needles.  She would be just so excited at the thought of being a Great Grandma but, I'm sure, wherever she is, she already knows!  
I've started on a pram blanket in lemon + double-moss stitch - my son and his partner decided not to find out whether 'Bump' is a blue or pink one, so hence my choice of lemon wool.  Gosh, hasn't wool + patterns gone up in price - anyone out there reading this blog also a knitter?  If so, would love to compare notes with you!  I've been lucky that a friend and also a work colleague have very kindly lent me some patterns or else this venture would cost me a fortune!
One thing we will be doing in the not too distant future is designing a range of jewellery to celebrate this joyful news - it's so lovely to have something nice to tell you all amidst all the doom + gloom out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment