Sunday 7 July 2013

And it's Sunday night again.......

Good evening everyone from Fat Fairy H.Q.

Well, what a busy couple of weeks it's been since we last blogged! It has been the most amazing day here in Warwickshire, hot + sunny and, of course, the day Andy Murray won the Mens Single's title at Wimbledon.  The first time we have won since 1936 and, oh my goodness, how times have changed since then - not least the clothes and the prize money.......!

Anyway, firstly as I cannot share any photo's of my beautiful granddaughter with you all, I thought you might like to see what I've just knitted her (I did warn you that this might well turn into a Jewellery + Knitting Blog....)!  I seem to have a bit of a 'thing' about blankets - not quite sure why but recently finished knitting our Lilly her 3rd blanket.  This time in a lovely, cream cotton wool by Patons in a diamond stitch.  I am really pleased with it and always wash things first - mainly to make sure they can withstand a wash in the machine! For some reason at the moment, Lilly has taken to sleeping with whatever blanket she has in her cot, over her face...., so this cotton one should be nice + soft for her and it's really pretty for a girl!
You'll remember me telling you all that we are taking part in this year's Warwickshire Open Studio's?  Well, as part and parcel of this, there is also a Showcase Exhibition running at the Floor One Gallery in Rugby Library and we have 2 pieces of our jewellery on display there! (photos below!)



That's all for now folks, we'll be back soon with some more exciting news!
With love from us all here at Fat Fairy HQ,
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment