Monday 8 July 2013

Monday's Blog....

Evening everyone,
Well, what another glorious day it's been - well it has here in Warwickshire so I really hope it's been nice wherever you are too! From some of the comments I've just read on Twitter, it does seem that most of the country are having this heatwave!

It's knocking our poor, elderly little Jack Russell out as well, she's now fast asleep on her blanket in the coolness of our dining room and I also have our patio doors wide open and I can hear the birds singing!

One thing I thought I'd share with you - and it doesn't have anything to do with jewellery or knitting (is that a sigh of relief I can hear......!) but it does have something to do with another love of mine and that's cooking. Not that I get enough time to do much these days but my son has been on at me for ages to take a leaf out of their book and plan our menu out for the week before we go shopping. He swears by it, says it saves them money because you only buy what you need for your menu choices and also it saves time.....

Anyway, we have tried it out over the last few weeks - mainly because both my daughter and I are just so busy and I am fed up with spending most of every lunchtime going round our local Asda's!  I have to admit it is a bit of a pain sitting down on a Sunday (or Saturday) and having to think of a week's menu and then make a list to take with you to Asda or Sainsbury's etc but I'm finding it does work (ok Paul - you were right again - as ever!).
So, here is our menu for this week - what do you think? We went shopping yesterday so now have (hopefully) everything we need.....

Monday - Quiche, new potatoes + mixed salad (not homemade quiche I'm afraid as I just don't have the time)
Tuesday - Smoked haddock fishcakes (by the Saucy Fish Company available at Asda's), homemade potato wedges and mixed salad
Wednesday - having to cheat here as we will be without a cooker (new one being delivered on Thursday) so having to get fish + chips from the chip shop! Haven't done this for ages but still feeling slightly guilty about it....
Thursday (hopefully with brand new Hotpoint cooker!) Cheese + ham omelettes, new potatoes + more salad
Friday - Fresh salmon, rice + yes, you've guessed it, more salad.....

We haven't done Saturday + Sunday yet as that's going to be a difficult one as we are out both days at our Open Studios!
Does anyone else do a weekly menu? Would love to hear from you and how it works out for you?

Enjoy the rest of this gorgeous evening!

with love from Fat Fairy Jewellery
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment