Wednesday 31 July 2013

A Wednesday night in Warwickshire.......

Good evening everyone from here at Fat Fairy H.Q.
Well, I can't (once again!) believe it's been nearly 3 weeks since our last Blog post and such a lot has happened that I'm not really sure where to start!  I also have lots of photo's to share with you but more of that later!
Firstly, how time flies - not only the 3 weeks since I was last on here but also the 7 months of 2013!  How did it get to the last day of July already?  And also our gorgeous baby Lilly is now 8 months old - only seems like yesterday I was announcing her arrival in the world.
Secondly - another British favourite - the weather!  Haven't we been lucky with such gorgeous summer weather and so hot..... I must admit I've struggled slightly as our office has no air conditioning, we have to rely on opening the windows (and then all the paperwork flies off the desk) and the odd fan or two.  It was so lovely though at the weekends and I also loved sleeping with the windows wide open (although not too keen on the moths that kept on insisting on joining me in the room!).
Well, the weekend after my last Blog saw Fat Fairy Jewellery at the Warwickshire Open Studios.  We were invited to share the studios of two local potters out in Barby village and it was a lovely experience.  A lot of work in the build up to the weekend but worth it to meet some other lovely and very talented artists and some lovely people in general.  The object of the Open Studios is not so much to sell your work (although this is always very welcome!) but to network and meet potential future customers.  We were surprised how far some of our visitors had come to see us, which was lovely!
We also managed to fit in a lovely hot stone massage one weekend with our normal lady who had just received her hot stones and this was lovely - very relaxing. We then had a lovely surprise visit from my daughter's best friend Vicky and her lovely baby daughter Abi, they drove all the way up from Bristol to spend a few hours with us. Abi is just over a year old and very adorable too!  I also finally, managed to get my pots and baskets planted up and some look lovely - even if I do say so myself!
Then last week I had to opportunity to go over to Norfolk where my son and his family were renting a cottage.  I had already booked some time off work as one of my bosses was away himself, so last Thursday I headed off over to Norfolk.  We'd been before some years previously but I always forget what a lovely county it is - so pretty.  The cottage was in Little Walsingham which has the Shrine to the Lady of Walsingham.  Again, we'd visited here some years ago - not long after we lost my much loved Mum, but it looked like they had done some building work as a lot of it looked new but it is such a lovely, peaceful and restful place.  We had a lovely walk around the grounds of Walsingham Abbey - the Abbey is in ruins but it's still lovely and the sun shone.  Lilly is at that lovely age, taking notice, making lots of noises and absolutely loving her food.  It was lovely to spend more time with her and my son and his fiancĂ©e - not forgetting their little dog Ruby!  
We also visited Wells next the Sea which again was lovely.  I found a gorgeous crystal shop and, of course, had to bring several tumblestones home which I hope to wire-wrap when time allows!  We also managed to spend half a day actually on the beach which was an added bonus.  We left on Saturday and I popped into Holt to have a look around - again another lovely little market town.  I then drove home via Spoilt Rotten Beads in Haddenham, just outside Cambridge, to stock up on some lovely and very sparkly Swarovski crystals which I hope to be using very soon!
I've just let the dog out and I hate to say this but there seemed a definite nip in the air - despite the weather forecast for tomorrow being very hot again! I'm going to leave you with a photo of the lovely crystals I bought from The Crystal Tree in Wells next the Sea!
Will share more photo's over the next couple of days,
Goodnight everyone!
with love from Fat Fairy Jewellery

No comments:

Post a Comment