Friday 27 September 2013

At the end of a very busy week.....

A very good evening from Fat Fairy H.Q!
Well, at the end of yet another very busy week, I find myself home alone tonight! My daughter is out celebrating her very last day at her awful job and, without our little Judy here, the house is very quiet......
As I mentioned in my previous post, last Sunday saw us at our first wedding fair, we were a little disappointed at the very low turnout but, if nothing else, it proved one thing.  And that is what I've always said about any event - you need to advertise, advertise and then advertise it again.  With social media these days making things even easier - Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest etc etc, there really is no excuse.  Anyway, I do have some photo's of the day which I'll share in another time with you all.
Last weekend also saw the wedding of Andy + Shirley over Leicestershire. They got married in a lovely little parish church in Thornton and then had their reception in the barn at Donnington Le Manor House - another lovely day + some lovely photo's!
But I really wanted to share these photo's with you tonight, taken the weekend after my birthday when I spent the day with my dear friend Gill and we decided to visit Baddesley Clinton, which is a lovely National Trust property near to Solihull.  We had such a lovely day and were very lucky with the weather.  Like a lot of NT properties, it has lovely gardens and I just had to take a few photo's..... I felt very envious of their flower borders as you will see and also their kitchen garden - see if you can spy their very unusual helpers there!
 The house itself, surrounded by a moat.....
Local resident ducks (there were lots of them!), these 2 look like they are on guard!
 Gorgeous flower beds, full of marigolds and the topiary in the background!
 Beautiful pots in a sunny spot with seats for a afternoon nap!
One of their beautiful flower borders - look at all the different colours, shapes and sizes!
 Helping out in the kitchen garden...... he looks a bit stern!
 What a beautiful and perfect flower!
 What a gorgeous colour these flowers are!
 Another visitor to these gardens - a beautiful butterfly!
 More of their colourful + vibrant borders!
 Another helper in the kitchen garden....!
And last but not least, these are a gorgeous splash of yellow.....
Well, I don't think I've ever shared so many photo's on one blog! Hope you enjoy these lovely photo's from Baddesley Clinton - it's well worth a visit if any of you are local to the Midlands. - http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/baddesleyclinton
Wishing you all a happy, peaceful + productive weekend,
with love from Fat Fairy Jewellery
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment