Sunday 8 September 2013

Happy September....!

Hello again everyone,

Can't believe (yet again) where the last few weeks have gone since I last blogged.  Quite a bit has happened which I'll go into later but firstly let me wish you all a very Happy September!  Not quite sure where August disappeared to - or the rest of the year come to that.....

Secondly, I realised that I still hadn't got round to sharing some of my garden photo's with you - well my garden pots really.  I've been really pleased with them this year, especially the summer bedding plants I bought at one of our local garden centres out in Barby - which for those of you reading this who are not local, it's one of the villages just outside Rugby.  The petunia's in particular were such a bargain as they were on a BOGOF offer that weekend (and I do like a bargain....!).  One pot in particular has just flowered all summer long, as has the beautiful lilac colour ivy-leaf geranium bought from the same garden centre.  I'll certainly go back there again for some colour for the autumn - maybe pansies and viola's again as they are an all time favourite.

I've also finally had my little pond sorted out by my lovely gardener Danny and now just need to go and buy some fish - not many as it's only small and I just hope next door's cat won't think they are his dinner!  

As I'm typing this, it's a beautiful day here in Warwickshire which is such a surprise after the weather forecast.  The sky is blue and the sun is out - and the washing is hanging on the line!  So, without further ado, here are the photo's!
 Some of the beautiful petunia's - just love this purple!
I've a couple of these baskets and love this one full of trailing lobelia - it did also have a couple of petunia's in there too but they've got slightly hidden by this lobelia!
A lovely white New Guinea Busy Lizzie - this seems to like an awful lot of water but has been flowering well all summer! 
 The beautiful lilac ivy-leaf geranium with more trailing lobelia!
 One of my many hosta's but the only one the slugs have not attacked!
 One of my favourite pot's this year
And another pot full of petunias' - slightly different to the purple ones but, along with the red geranium, have flowered all summer long and are still going strong!

More later folks, enjoy your Sunday,
with love from Fat Fairy Jewellery HQ 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment