Sunday 15 September 2013

Sunday morning at Fat Fairy H.Q.

Sunday morning greetings from Fat Fairy H.Q,
August turned into another busy month and it looks like September will follow suit.  September sees us taking part in our first Wedding Fair at The Arnold House here in Rugby.  It takes place next Sunday 22nd September and we'd love to see any brides to be there! We've been busy this weekend making more bridal jewellery to take along on the day but, as ever, we are more than happy to take commissions and as we only ever make one of any item, these would make your special day even more special (hope that makes sense!). We are also happy to make jewellery for the mums, grandma's and, of course, the bridesmaids! We've even had enquires for small items to go in Hen Party bags!
Anyway, those of you who may also follow us on Twitter and Facebook, will already know that August brought some sad news for us.  Just before the August Bank Holiday weekend, we had to take the heart-breaking decision to have Judy, our little Jack Russell put to sleep.  Those of you who know me, will also know that Judy belonged to my late Mum, so it was a double blow losing her as we also lost our last link with Mum.  Judy had struggled for a little while but suddenly it seemed that life was almost too much for her.  So I took her to see Hugh, our very lovely + kind vet and together we made the decision.  I'll always be grateful for the kindness, compassion and care he gave to Judy, right up until the last moment.  It goes without saying that we'll miss her forever but I'd love to share some of our favourite photo's of her - some taken not long after she came to live with us and a couple in our local park where we walked each + every day - one in the snow and one last summer (2012).



It was also the start of my birthday weekend, so both Debbie and I felt a bit low and lost but we were off to Preston for the weekend, so I could spend my first birthday as a Grandma with our gorgeous and very precious Lilly - there is nothing quite like a cuddle with our Lilly to lift your spirits!  It helped having the Ruby dog around too - she still needed her walkies!
Enjoy your Sunday everyone and, just in case she's reading this, a very Happy Birthday to my dear friend Jill!
with love from us here at Fat Fairy Jewellery
xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellen, I'm so sorry to hear about Judy. She looks so beautiful and darling in those photos. And as you said it twice sad because she was your mother's dog. Judy makes me think our little Foxy who I miss every day.
    But, how exiting to spend time with your grand daughter! I'm sure she's sweet and lovely as her name Lilly! x Teje

    ReplyDelete