Tuesday 16 April 2013

Updating......

Hello everyone - again!

Yes I know, not having posted for absolutely ages, then here we are again!  I just thought I'd like to get up to date with what's been happening and post a few more photo's!

Christmas + Easter have both come + gone (really quickly or so it seemed to me!), we had the absolute pleasure of spending Lilly's first Christmas with her as, together with her Mummy + Daddy, she was staying at her other Nannie's house for the festive season!  Bless her, she slept right through most of it - the fabulous Christmas lunch and then the opening of all her presents! She was a very lucky girl as everyone seemed to send her something! My cousin over in Melbourne posted off a parcel to her (via Grandma here!) and my lovely friend Mrs Woodhouse knitted 'Patch the dog' for Lilly.  Everyone on Christmas Day was stunned that  'Patch the Dog' had been actually knitted and I just know Lilly will get lots of fun playing with 'Patch' when she is older!  Another friend sent a lovely, soft Jemima Puddleduck which is currently sitting on the windowsill in Lilly's nursery! We also introduced Lilly to some of Grandma's neighbours on Boxing Day when they came to us for lunch - again Lilly slept blissfully through it all!

In between the knitting and jewellery making (not to mention the day job!), we've had lots of trips back and forth to Lancashire and they have managed to get down quite often too.  We also had a lovely family event back in early March with the 'Naming Ceremony' of my nephew's baby daughter Rosie, it was just one of those lovely days and so nice to catch up with all the family.  It also gave my son + his partner a chance to introduce Lilly to the rest of her family.  The day was made all the more special because Rosie's Grandad Geoff conducted the service as he is now a Registrar for Oxfordshire (and can marry people too....!!).

As I said in a previous blog, our Fat Fairy Jewellery bookmarks are proving very popular, so thought I'd share a couple more photo's with you.  We can make them to order with gemstones to tie in with your birthsign or any special or favourite crystals + colours.  Each bookmark is £8-99 plus P+P - each Fat Fairy Jewellery item comes wrapped in tissue paper, sprinkled with Fairy confetti and tied with matching (or contrasting) ribbon, so you can just give the gift straight away (or keep to spoil yourself....!!).  

Also here is a photo of a Christmas gift I made for a dear friend, a wraparound bracelet using Swarovski crystals and pearls.  Even though I say so myself, it was stunning and very sparkly.  We also made matching ear-rings - as you can see below!
For that extra sparkle, you really cannot beat Swarovski - they are well worth the extra money!
And, because this now seems to be a knitting and jewellery blog, here is a photo of the first thing I knitted for Lilly - a yellow pram blanket in double moss stitch!  I was very touched when I went to the hospital to meet Lilly as she was tucked up in her little hospital crib and her blanket was with her!

Well folks, I think that's all for tonight, so will wish you all sweet dreams until we 'blog' again. And please don't forget, if you see any of our jewellery that you like, please do get in touch with us - not everything is yet posted on our website (www.fatfairyjewellery.com) and we're very happy to make bespoke orders for you - including our very favourite - weddings!
With love from us here at Fat Fairy H.Q 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment