Saturday 13 April 2013

A much overdue Blog.....!

Good morning from Fat Fairy HQ,

Well, my goodness doesn't time fly!  I can't really believe our last Blog was back at the beginning of November around Firework night and so much has happened since then that I'm not sure where to begin!

I guess that I should start with the very important news first and those of you who already follow us on Twitter and our Facebook page will already know that my first grandchild arrived safely on 28th November 2012 - 2 minutes before midnight! Lilly Ann Frances Boylin made her entrance into the world at The Royal Preston hospital to my son Paul and his fiancee Amie.  After a rather traumatic delivery, very pleased to say they are all doing very well.  Lilly weighed in at 7lb 15 and half ounces (very glad it wasn't in metric!) and is
absolutely adorable and very, very precious.  Nothing quite prepared me for the overwhelming feeling of my youngest (her Daddy) placing his firstborn in my arms - a very emotional moment!

I'm not allowed to share any photo's of our gorgeous girl with you as they are very protective (quite rightly) of her privacy.  My son did post just one photo on his Facebook page their friends are spread far + wide and also my son still keeps in touch with people he met whilst working with Operation Raleigh International.  We've made several trips up to Lancashire where they live, to help out and, of course, claim lots of cuddles.

I plan to share some photos of what I have knitted for Lilly and also what I'm currently working on! I did warn you that this might turn into a knitting + jewellery blog....!  In fact, I think I've realised over the past few months, that I am the baking and knitting Grandma and can't wait to teach Lilly both those skills when she is old enough!

On the jewellery front, we've had quite a few bespoke orders which are always very welcome and we love working on something different!  Our gemstone bookmarks are proving a very popular addition to Fat Fairy Jewellery and we are still selling our gemstone jewellery out of the very lovely Brackley Rocks crystal shop (thank you Dianna!).  We also still have our shop within the very lovely Poppito website (a bit like Etsy + Folksy but Bristol based) and a big thank also must go to Rebecca who runs it and is such a great support!

Well folks, that's all for now but due to the long overdue nature of our Blog, I am intending to try and blog more over this weekend - just to bring you all up to date!

Have a lovely Saturday, bright + sunny here in Warwickshire and I'm just off for a lovely massage,

with love from Fat Fairy Jewellery
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment